Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Does that also make me an author?

Hey guys!
 
So I've just uploaded a few chapters off a new story I've been working on to my Wattpad page.
 
My little cousin Aisha has been bugging me to do this for months but I've always been a little shy letting other people read my stories.
 
I mean, they're my stories! Written by me for my eyes only! Publishing them online is making me a little self conscious. *sigh*
 
I have contributed articles to magazines a few times in the past but this is the first time I'm actually letting the public in on my books.
 
They usually end up on my laptop for my eyes only until I get tired of them, hehe.
 
Anyways, my latest work is called "Who is Anisa Haque" and here comes the blurb...
 

Anisa is young woman in her 20s with an insatiable love for cheesy popcorn, George Clooney and solving mysteries. When her best friend Maryam gets engaged to be married, Anisa finds her perfect world falling apart. Before she can fix it, she has to help a dysfunctional family survive through an earth shattering crisis. But how can she cover up their dirty secrets without hers coming to light?

It's intended to be a light easy read Chick lit book in an Abuja setting.
 
 
I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think about it in the comments below. Don't forget to share it to your friends too!
 
Lotsa 'literary' love,
 
Ummi.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. The intro is captivating. I look forward to read more about Anisa Haque :)
    -Kareemah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you chose your words carefully everything is so well composed. Infact when i started reading ,it reminded me of khalid hussein. The introduction look somewhat similar until i saw mumu,ayyiriri, kayan lefe etc you did very well ummi .on a scale of 10 i score you 8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayush!!! Thanks you so much for that amazing review! 8/10!!!!! I'm dancing here! I really appreciate it! And I'm off to start the second part! Hope it lives off to the first one.

      Delete